Sunday, October 28, 2007

Beat it or let it beat me.

I had a heart to heart with Roberto yesterday. He is good at telling me how it is but not hurting my feelings with it. He was encouraging me to take the hard stuff in stride because there is so much good in and around me. So now I am trying to put that in play. Yeah, I have this bad stuff going on but I need to try and find the good and focus on that.

The good and not just that I have several great people around me to encourage me but other things unrelated to my health problems. Like, I have a new job that I just started and I really enjoy it. I look forward to starting training soon. Halloween is almost here and I am looking forward to that. Then a whole bunch of holidays come! That means family and friends and celebrating! I am still able to go out...just in more mellow short bursts. Lots of things left to enjoy! And this won't be forever even if it's hard now. It's not forever.

The word I hear that most often describe me is "Bubbly". I am going to have to keep on being positive...just to remember my boundaries and limitations and work within that. Even though there are things that are hard for me or that I can't do any more, I have to remember that if the other doctors agree with Dr.F then the decompression surgery might fix it all to where I won't have symptoms anymore and I can go back doing what I do with out these current limitations.

Basically, I'm not going to let it beat me...I can beat it!! Let's keep positive! Woohoo!!


PS. Thanks for going to the show with me Caroline!!! It was great!!

-AP

2 comments:

Dad said...

A Fable,
It was Christmas at the Kokesh’s. Amanda had gotten presents galore, was being fed big people food (along with cookies and pie) and was just having fun. Candy and I knew that fun-time had a time limit and we began forcing kids into their snowsuits. Amanda didn’t want to go. Amanda voiced her opinion very loudly. We ignored her and continued our kid stuffing. Amanda was determined not to give up without a fight. First there was yelling, then the hiding and then the kicking and hitting. Candy was the brave soul that took on Amanda. She sat on Amanda and facing the kids feet started the long and tortures struggle of getting a Bobcat into a gunnysack.
I need you to pay attention to how Candy had positioned herself. The other fact I neglected to mention was that Candy was wearing shorts (or a dress) with a lot of skin exposed on the backside.
For those of you who are slow let me draw you a picture. Amanda is determined not to go. Candy is facing Amanda’s feet. Candy’s rear was less than 2 inches from Amanda’s head. Attached to Amanda’s head are teeth; rat teeth. An adults jaw can apply 5000!!!pounds of biting force (I never looked up what a 2 year old bite capability was, but you get the picture).
Amanda does not give up!!!
I am sure you have guessed what happened next. Amanda bit into Candy’s backside. Candy screamed. Candy tried shaking the kid loose. Candy tried to stand. Up, down and side to side she shook but Amanda hung tight. Candy reached around her thigh and tried in vain to grab or bat the dear child off her rear. No matter what she did Amanda would not let go. (Through my head ran every cartoon that involved a dog attached to a man’s butt).
Yes, Amanda was finally pulled off and she is no longer physically attached to her mother’s leg.

The moral of the story is: when adversity threatens to sit on your head, grab a mouth of flesh and hang on for all your worth.

Amanda doesn’t give up, so watch your ass.


Papa Bear

lori said...

oh my god that is awesome. is that a true story!!!lmao!!! i can totally see her doin something like that!!! u go girl!!!