Tuesday, October 30, 2007

Another spill

Today at work I took a spill.

Let me set the scene for you. Mmmmm in one hand a delicous bowl of oatmeal I just made and in the other hand a hot,full, cup of water for my tea. I get two rows away from my cube and my body goes. The legs and arms stop working. I fall so hard that my ankel twists and I scrape up my ankel pretty bad. Worse yet I try to get up but my body still isn't working. Lying in the middle of the walkway with oatmeal and water thrown everywhere I try a third attepmt to get up and am successful. I am so embarrased and mad that I am shaking. I pick up what's left of my bowl of oatmeal and my 1/2 full glass of water and bring them to my cube. The whole time I am looking around praying no one saw. I don't really want people,who don't know me at work, to find out about my Chiari because...I don't want the label of "The girl who is sick and falls down". I go back to the spill scene and start to clean up the oatmeal. Make it back to my cube after the clean up. I was still mad when I sat down but after some kind and encouraging from Roberto and Lindsey I felt better.I can laugh about it now but it is so hard to loose control of your body. I feel helpless when it happens.

One breath at a time. I can't do anything but try to live with it now and I'm not going to let it beat me. So I chose to be in a better mood today. Even if my symptoms are kicking my butt I can still choose to try to be in a good mood. (Nip tuck is on tonight!! Woohoo! Who can be in a bad mood with that on tonight?! :) )

-AP

1 comment:

lori said...

hey no worries girl. i dont think we could ever label u as anything other then a cool chick. u seem like the chick i could hang out with outside of work(and believe me there arent many) keep yor head up and im here for u girl!!!!