Thursday, November 1, 2007

Tick tick tick...Waiting Game.

Mayo called me yesterday. The soonest they could get me in for an consult is Dec 13th. Wow! That seems forever away. But I have to realize that even with everything happening with me and my symptoms that there are people who come from all over the world to been seen and treated at the Mayo. I only have 1 1/2 hour drive. I'm counting my blessings.

When I received the call yesterday I requested to be put on a waiting list for appointments if they open sooner , but, unfortunately they don't have a waiting list. The woman on the phone stated that I could call in to the appointment line to check if any dates or times open up before then. So every day I will be calling them to find out if any sooner times have opened up.

Mom says that the physical therapist she is seeing states that there is a manual therapy that can be done to loosen the deep tissue and muscle in my neck and base of skull to ease the pain and increase the success of the surgery. I'll have to look into that. Anything that can help with pain and headaches, that's not drugs, is worth looking into. Way to go Mama!

FUN NEWS!

So yesterday I took extra time before work to do costume make up and look like a scary witch. It turned out pretty good. There were some people who didn't even want to look at me. LOL! I was thrilled when the costume judges chose me as the 1st prize winner!! Woohoo! That made spilling 1/2 a crockpot of chili on the floor of my car that morning a little better. Phew... That was a mess after work. Nothing a little screaming in the solitude of my car can't help. :)


Keep on keeping on!

-AP

2 comments:

DeAnn said...

Love the look! You look pretty scary!
Hang in there sweetie! You are a very strong woman!!!! You CAN beat this!
Just always remember all the love you have surrounding you! I hope that gives you a little extra strength.

Love you bunches!
Auntie DeeDee

John said...

Halloween is great isn't it, you don't have to worry about spending that hour in the morning getting ready for work.

Mandy, it's all about attitude and inner strength,and you have plenty of both. If you ever find yourself doubting that, I'm only a phone call away.

Love
Uncle John