Wednesday, November 14, 2007

Distractions...lack of

On Monday I woke up and my left side was numb. Side of face, arm , leg...My brain was awake but my body wasn't co-operating. Damn. I called work and left a message stating I would be in a bit late. It wore off and I went into work. Lately it has been so hard for me to get out of bed.

I was thinking about how People have reacted when they found out that I had Chiari and what symptoms I have been having. Most state "If you need any thing please let me know." But there isn't a whole lot I need except distractions and friends and family who support me. Several people stopped talking to me. Stopped calling and stopped wanting to hang out. I know that alot of it is because they don't know what to say or do and they feel like if they can't do anything or if they don't know what to say then they just stop communicating. It's how they cope. That's hard. I feel like I'm a lepper.

I decided last Friday that I was going to do everything "normal" last weekend. Do everything like I did when I didn't have symptoms. Big mistake. I have been paying for it since. It really sucks to be 25 and be too tired or hurt too much to go down town or go to every concert I want to. I want to do stuff and hang out but I haven't had much as far as distractions lately. This is just something I have to understand...I may be limited but others aren't and what 20 something would pass up a fun night out to sit around and watch a movie or do something mellow?! Yeah. I need a hobby. LOL! Maybe I can join a quilting group..hahahaha. Lots of soft things to catch me if I fall.

Distractions I look forward to every week:
-Nip tuck night, a few people come over and we watch and laugh and say eeewwweee!
-Saturday, I get to sleep in and take naps.

Yup I deff need a hobby or something.

-AP

2 comments:

Beth Adams said...

Hey Amanda! It's Beth Adams from COT - Kate and Adam's Mom! Wow it's good to hear from you even under these circumstances. Aleta and I had dinner last night and got all caught up. She told me about your latest adventure and although it's tough and scary now, I know you will come through with flying colors as that's who you are! Love to talk more... email m back. TAKE CARE!

Unknown said...

Hi Amanda! Remember me...Jinah, Riley's mom? We miss you! Aleta shared with me your blog and I just want you to know that Jeff and I are sending positive thoughts and energy your way. You are a fantastic person and you greatly impacted our lives by how much you cared for our daughter. Please know that we believe in your strength and courage and trust you will come out of this even stronger. We are here for you if you need ANYTHING! If you want a distraction, feel free to take a nice,long, scenic drive out to our house to visit Riley's new sister! We miss you and are thinking of you often. Keep in touch and take care of yourself first.