Saturday, October 27, 2007

No...not crazy.

This morning I watched the Extreme Makeover Home Edition About the Carter family. It was emotional as the show tends to be. But this time it really hit home for me. To hear what they have gone through it really helps to know that I'm not crazy or alone.

So many times people have asked me, "Well are you sure you aren't creating this in your head?" or "Maybe you should stop researching this for a while and see if any thing feels better." . All of these comments hurt and are frustrating. How do you explain to people that you hurt so much and the symptoms that you feel that just keep getting worse are not in your head. I remember questioning myself and thinking, "Maybe I am making this all up. Maybe they are right. Maybe it is all in my head." I stopped reading about Chiari on the internet and even tried to stop talking about it. I still hurt and my stress level went up which made me hurt more.

NO!! It is not in my head! No, I am not making up symptoms! I don't know why it all started and why it is progressing like it is but it is.

-AP

2 comments:

lori said...

if people think that u r making it up or crazy they are on crack and you dont need them around u! ur a beautiful, caring, kind women. and scrw anybody if they cant help u when dealing with this. keep up the positive attitude though i know its hard but know that we are all here for u!!

Anonymous said...

Amanda, damn those who don't know the true you! I am now reading your Blogg from past to present. I can't find your # so I will have to get it from Maria, unless you can get it sooner. Please call me when or if you get it.My Mother is here from Texas until the 3rd of Jan. She has been dianosed with Adrenal Fatigue (sp) 8mo. ago. It has to be very difficult having something that no one can relate to, My Mom has been sleeping on and off scence we picked her up at the airport on Thur. night. OK I'm getting back to your Blogg to read some more. Lots of Love to ya!!! I realy do miss you, tons!!! I'm fighting back the tears, you know me.